Clinical and Translational Research for a Healthier Community
Science advances faster when we leverage our collective strengths. That’s why THRIV is committed to building connections between researchers across disciplines at the University of Virginia, and with community partners such as corporations, non-profit organizations and government institutions. We also welcome non-researchers to participate in THRIV.
We seek to improve the health of Virginia residents by aligning clinical and translational scientist training and research efforts with the needs and goals of the community.
- Create new and build upon existing partnerships between UVA researchers and the community beyond grounds.
- Engage and educate our community in clinical and translational research opportunities.
- Provide training, support and funding opportunities for UVA staff, faculty and scientists-in-training.
- Connect people to clinical study opportunities that may be of interest to them.
- Improve access to clinical research for minorities and underserved patients.
Below are some helpful links to help you learn about clinical trials, how they work, and why they are so important: