The Translational Health Research Institute of Virginia (THRIV) at UVA seeks to improve the health of residents within the Commonwealth of Virginia by aligning clinical and translational scientist training and research efforts with the needs and goals of the community. Our team seeks to efficiently and effectively bring research findings to the community to change medical practice and to use data to improve health.
- Promote awareness of new and ongoing initiatives to improve the health of the Commonwealth and beyond.
- Foster relationships within the UVA community across Grounds.
- Create and build upon existing partnerships between the UVA research community and the community-at-large.
- Engage and educate our community in clinical and translational research opportunities.
- Provide training, support, and funding opportunities for UVA staff, faculty, and trainees.
- Connect people to clinical study opportunities which may be of interest to them.
- Improve access to clinical research for minorities and underserved patients.
- Inform the THRIV community of training and educational opportunities.
Check out this fascinating video documentary called First in Human that was featured on the Discovery Channel in August, 2017: