THRIV provides access to a wide range of training opportunities that promote mentored development of young scientists, interdisciplinary research and experiential learning, collaboration among teams of scientists, and innovative ways to integrate and use health-related data. We strive to improve the health of Virginia residents by training the clinical translational workforce in the use of data science and the responsible conduct of research.
Visit our site regularly to learn about degree and certificate programs, workshops and seminars, online training opportunities and much more. New training opportunities will be added as they become available.
Support our training efforts. If you would like to learn how to become a mentor, advisor, subject matter expert or help our trainees in other ways, please contact Dr. Karen C. Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the THRIV office at 434.924.6208.
UVA Degree and Certificate programs
- MPH (Department of Public Health Sciences)
- Master of Science in Clinical Research (Department of Public Health Sciences)
- Dual MD-MS Clinical Research Program (Department of Public Health Sciences)
- PHS – Certificate program (Department of Public Health Sciences)
- Master of Science in Data Science – MSDS (Data Science Institute)
- Masters in Data Science for MDs and RNs (coming soon) (Data Science Institute)
- Masters in Clinical Data Analytics (coming soon) (Data Science Institute)
Faculty and staff training opportunities
- CITI Training for Clinical Researchers